Friday, March 28, 2008

The Guide

One of my dreams is to go on a guided hunt. I have several species of animals that I wouldn’t mind pursuing, but whitetails have always been my true passion.

When I think about whitetails, more specifically monster whitetails, states like Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, and Texas all come to mind. I would even like a trip to Canada to hunt some of the cold weather giants to the north. However, no matter where I choose to go, there is one factor that plays a key role in my success. I would need a guide.

Not just any guide would do, but “THE GUIDE.” You know the one: the guy that knows all the best spots; the one that has really done his homework and spent countless hours in the field scouting for me; the one that will have me in a prime location in order to put me on that buck of a lifetime.

Lucky me though, I already have the guide of a lifetime. When I accepted Christ, He became my guide for all my journeys. In Isaiah 58:11, we see that “The Lord will guide you always.” Now is that not a comforting thought! Unlike the guide on a perfect hunt (the one I’d have to research and seek out), my guide is searching for me. Best of all, He won’t hurt my wallet! All we have to do is accept Christ to have the perfect lifelong guide!

No comments: