Sunday, April 6, 2008

Walking the Trails of Life!

Most of you know that I love the outdoors. I don’t have to be hunting, fishing, or riding my four wheeler, to enjoy it. Just being out there, in the heart of God’s amazing creation is enough for me.

As I look back over the years, I remember many times that I have been walking down a trail in the woods when I came to a crossroad. It amazes me to look at the paths animals take and as I come to those cross trails try to figure out which one I need to take. It is that decision that can make my hunt successful, my hike less strenuous, or my scouting trip worth the time I put into it. If I chose the wrong trail, it may lead me to a bedding area where the game I am pursuing feels safe and once I have interrupted that area I might as well go home. Or it could lead me through a thicket of briars and as we all know, those are no fun.

It would be best for me to stand at those cross roads and examine the paths, take a moment to think things through. Which ones look the “best,” or the straightest?

Doesn’t God call us to carefully pick the trails of life that we travel? Look at Jeremiah 6:16 “This is what the Lord says: Stand by the roadways and look. Ask about the ancient paths: Which is the way to what is good? Then take it and find rest for yourselves.” Then again in Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.”

Are you are someone you know at a difficult intersection of life? I urge us all to take the time to study the paths and try to pick the trail most pleasing to Him!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I've missed your blogs :(